Thursday, October 20, 2005

Sproing

I've read many blogs where knitters describe yarn as sproingy and now I finally know what they mean. Now that the alpaca and I are "taking some time apart" I'm back to my Rogue. (You blog readers didn't know that I was working on a Rogue, because that was pre-blog, but I was, and I cast it aside the moment the mercury crept over 70 degrees.) Not just any Rogue, my Rogue is multicolored!

When I tossed it away it was nothing more than a sleeveless vest in dire need of blocking, but I'm making progress on sleeve #1. See…



(Sorry about the dreadful picture, the yarn is black.) I cant believe how sproingy (yes, I finally get it) and lovely this yarn feels after that alpaca! Alpaca is essentially sproingless and I now know that sproingyness is a quality I appreciate in my yarn. And you know what I'm knitting with??? Cascade 220. Just imagine how I'm going to feel when I get my hands on the fancy yarns in the special box under my bed. I may never leave the house again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashley said...

Love the sproing. Have you tried Karabella Aurora 8? The sproingiest sproing that ever sproinged.

So, the multicolor--is the body not black? Is the other sleeve a different color? Do tell.

FemiKnitMafia said...

I have also just discovered the sproing via Aurora 8 and I LOVE it. If you come across some, you should definitely give it a whirl.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megann said...

Thanks for your kind comments. I've been a little AWOL on my blog reading with all the work stress, but I'm making it my mission today to reach out. How do you find cable knitting? I did it once in a class a long time ago and was surprised at how easy it was, but now I am intimidated once again.