Friday, March 09, 2007

The Awwwww Heard Round the World

Somehow, while knitting an absolutely fabulous EZ Fishtrap Aran, Sarah found the time to make me this adorable baby sweater. Check it out...



And the cutest little knitting card



I've been mulling over a theory for a while now, and I think it's time to share it with everyone. Knitting is far more than just a hobby, it's fifth grade science in action. Remember learning that the animals that reproduce themselves are the ones that thrive? Well, all of these super cute baby goodies certainly give one an incentive to procreate. Thus, it is clear that baby knits and the knitters that knit them and are doing their part to ensure the continuation of our species. Ergo, survival of the craftiest!

Who said that philosophy degree wouldn't be useful later in life!

Thank you again Sarah!!

7 comments:

spajonas said...

total AWWWWWW! that's such a great sweater! and it will look perfect on your baby :)

Anonymous said...

woah, what a nice surprise!!!! I don't know about your theory; if I ever use my needles for self defence you might win me over ;)

Christy said...

I definitely agree with the theory. In fact, P-funk has tried to forbid any knitting of baby objects that don't have a specific intended baby for fear that it will make me want to spawn right now ;) That is one cute little sweater

carrie said...

what a BEAUTIFUL sweater! such a great pattern, and in a wonderful color. and i certainly love the idea of survival of the craftiest.

schrodinger said...

Wow! So cute, what a nice surprise to get. The card is wonderful too, so imagininative. Love your theory.

Ashley said...

.....And once again, I prove myself to be an evolutionary dead end. Crap. That sweater is adorable though.

Janet said...

i have to agree with your theory. my cousin just had a baby and when i was knitting cute little baby things, i just kept wanting to keep them... which, uhh, is weird since i'm 25, single, and decidedly baby-less.

that sweater is completely adorable!