Sunday, March 05, 2006

Handknit Envy

The other day I was walking down the subway platform and I noticed this guy, probably around my age, wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase, staring at me in the most peculiar way. My first thought – “Oh, he must be jealous of my hand knit Rogue sweater.”

Right. I am sure that is exactly what he was thinking. I think I need to spend a little more time with the non-knitting population; I am losing my grip.

I didn’t get to knit with the Spiders this Friday – I’m so sorry I missed the festivities! JF and I had a dinner that was not to be missed, and could not be rescheduled. I hope everyone had a great time.

5 comments:

--Deb said...

What? That sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

amandamonkey said...

Ha! That reminds me of the time in my life when we got the first 3-D Nintendo. I would be walking down the street and think 'I could totally do a back flip off that wall onto the el platform like Mario.'

OCD, anyone?

Anonymous said...

Sorry you couldn't make it too!! It was a nice time, but sad. And don't worry about the crazy guy staring at you... it is NY after all!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you couldn't make it too!! It was a nice time, but sad. And don't worry about the crazy guy staring at you... it is NY after all!

Stephanie said...

Something happened yesterday that made me think of this post: Hayden and I were walking home from school, and as I looked at his sweater and my poncho, I said to him, "Wow, isn't this cool? I'm wearing Rowan All Seasons Cotton, and so are you!" Like he noticed. Like he cared. :-)