Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Felting, Not So Magic Anymore

Much like my last post, there's little knitting going on around here. But felting, oh there's plenty of felting! Here's what happens when your ungrateful husband puts his hand knitted anklets in the washer and dryer...



(Those are my feet, not his.)

Some of you out there may be wondering why I knitted my husband such garish anklets in the first place - this is a valid question. I was knitting toe up socks for myself and he specifically requested them, that very color, but in an anklet version. True, he does not wear them outside the confines of the apartment, and they serve more of a slipper role than anything else, but he did ask for them. These are the only knitted item he has ever requested or shown any interest in. And he felted them. Guess who wont be getting any more knitted socks ever again for forever and ever.

Anyone have a 6 year old that needs some felted slipper socks?

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Should you change your mind and decide he is once again worthy of the knitted item (although I can see why you'd stick to that to the end of your days), perhaps some superwash anklets are in order? :)

FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh ... ouch. Bad hubby, no treats.
I have a 2 year old with huge feet ...

Veronique said...

Oh no! You need to sit him down and explain a few things to him... (My knitting grand-mother had the same problem with my craft-deficient mother. My mom is also the type who washes a load of whites with one red sock). But I think your husband can learn :)

carrie said...

that's too too funny.

Jeff in NC said...

Do you have a return or replacement policy on the husband? Is he still under warranty? Can you get a new one? Just some food for thought in light of this "incident".