Monday, November 13, 2006

Flashes of Brilliance

Thank you all so much for the advice on the fair isle colors! I apologize for not responding to your comments, I had some email inbox craziness going on, so consider this a great big THANK YOU!

Those of you who suggested swatching are totally smart and right (although it does sorta eliminate the possibility of reusing the yarn). The truth is that I am a terrible swatcher, and I’ll hide the sweater under the bed rather than doing a fair isle swatch. Instead, I think I found a great solution. Here’s the sweater…



I’ll just start with the sleeve! That’ll be a nice test run for the fair isle, and not too painful to rip if it ends up being uuuugly. This solution was painfully obvious and staring me right in the face, but it took forever and a day for me to figure it out.

I’m also working on another EZ baby sweater for a friend whose baby is coming very very soon! As usual, I made it a little big. I just cant bear the thought of it being worn for only a month or so!

5 comments:

Veronique said...

Oh, knit the sleeve! *slaps forehead*
Yup, so obvious, and no one thought of it...

Ashley said...

Yes! The sleeve is the perfect swatch!

Anonymous said...

Smart girl! I can't wait to see it--I live vicariously through other people's fair isle. ;)

spajonas said...

hahahah, i feel so DUUUUUHHHHHHH now after not having seen the sleeve! :)

good, i can't wait to see how this one turns out! i'm actually sure those colors will look awesome together. subtle yet with some punch.

Anonymous said...

ooh, i love that baby sweater pattern! love the color choice for EZ baby sweater #2!