Thursday, September 08, 2005

Making Progress

I've sorely neglected my little blog because of other life stuff, but I'm hoping that all is back on track now.

I finally restarted my union square market sweater, but I just couldn't seem to figure out the cast on. I gave up and used a regular cable cast on. After I cast on 166 stitches, I threaded a length of contrasting yarn through the cast on row while keeping it on the needles. I knit 9 rows and then, to make the hem, I just picked up stitches from the cast on row using the contrasting color to help me see which stitch to pick up. I did this one by one - I grabbed a loop from the cast on row, popped it on my left needle, and knitted it together (k2tog) with the next stitch waiting on the needles to be knitted. Here's a photo of the cast on edge...

No comments: