Wednesday, April 11, 2007

38 Weeks – The Wall

I’m officially at 38 weeks, one hundred million pounds, and 47 to do lists. Most everyone I know was like “Baby – get out!” at this point in their pregnancy, but for me, not so much. As a matter of fact, I find myself superstitiously unable to finish any of the baby sweaters for fear that FOs will induce labor. So it’s been all sunrise circle jacket, miles of orange tweedy stockinette with just enough increasing and decreasing to distract me from yet another episode of Mythbusters.

As of today our apartment now has two bedrooms and one significantly smaller living room. Here’s a photo before The Wall…



And after…



I nearly had a nervous breakdown throughout the installation process, as our renovations were not approved by the building and we were trying to be sneaky. Unfortunately, it’s not easy to sneak 8 foot pieces of sheetrock up the service elevator without pretty much everyone catching on. I think the only reason the management didn't stop us was their fear that I'd go into labor right then and there.

And hey, it’s Sockapalooza time again – head on over and sign up today!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh, beth! you're so sneaky. i'm telling!

all kidding aside, your around the home stretch! can't wait for the little raisin hater to be to make his arrival.

Veronique said...

Oh, wow, I had forgotten you were so close... It's so exciting! (Well, I'm sure it's not so exciting to sit around and wait).
I hope to catch you one more time at the Point. :)

spajonas said...

you are truly a brave soul. can't wait to meet your baby boy!

mames said...

it is getting closer....i am offically at the wall, mentally i am done, physically i cannot wait...but wait i will. we found out both boys are well over 5#, which is great. for me the exhaustion comes from constant contractions, otherwise i think i would be a little less eager. good luck to you, i like your ingenuity with creating a baby sanctuary in the confines of a nyc apartment. not an easy task at all.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Are you going to paint the inside a nice cozy color or anything?

I remember my friend J. saying, when she was about 38 weeks with baby #2, that she was truly torn--she was eager to meet him, but she also knew he was a LOT easier to take care of inside than out!

schrodinger said...

I would have been freaking out. Glad you got the wall 'snuck' in okay, and it looks great, congrats.

Anonymous said...

egads, you guys did that yourselves? i'm impressed! Best of luck in the coming weeks.

vlb5757 said...

Give up the lists. That baby will come half way through one of them anyway. After you bring the baby home, you lists will fall by the wayside. Being with the baby is more important than any clean house, or forgotten phone calls or unanswered E mails. I wish I had back those days when my kids were little. They are 24 and 22. The time goes by way too quickly! Throw the lists away.

Anonymous said...

i felt the same way! I just wasn't ready to have the baby AT ALL. Don't worry, once it happens you'll be just fine!

carrie said...

eeek! so exciting! i think the wall looks super and was worth all of the nonsense. sending you relaxation vibes!